A few weeks ago I wrote about my travel collage kit. And I got a lot of requests about my washi tape travel booklet and how you can make such a booklet.
This little tutorial is for you.
Here is a description and –> on youtube you will find a how to video
Material & tools you need:
– watercolor paper for the cover piece
– 3 clear L-shape file folder as pages
– pencil, ruler, scissors, cutting knife, bookbinding thread & needle,
– paper clips
– cutting mat
cutting & folding the pages:
– size: 21x21cm (8×8 inch)
– when you use 3 clear file folder you will get six square sheets
– fold the square sheets in half
– cut the watercolor paper the same size as your square pages
– fold the paper in half
– put the pages together and in the cover
– use paper clips to fix the pages
binding the booklet:
– find the middle of the spine and poke a hole with the needle
– find the middle on the left and poke a hole, do the same on the right side
– prepare the binding thread (3 times the length of the book spine)
– start binding, put the needle from inside through the middle hole
– go from outside to inside through the hole on the right to the hole on the left
– and back from outside to inside through the middle hole
– tie a knot to secure the thread
elastic strap closure:
– I like to add an elastic strap closure to my booklets
–> here is a little trick to add this thick elastic strap through the small hole on the book spine
– use a bit of the binding thread, fold in half, make a loop
– put the thread to the middle hole on the book spine
– use the thread loop on the inside the booklet as support for the elastic strap, pull the thread through the hole and the elastic strap will easily follow
– tie a knot to secure the elastic strap
YEAH! your booklet is now ready for using!
add your washi tape and enjoy your washi travel tape!
I would love to see your creations! Please share on instagram using the hashtag „washitraveltape“!